Sunday 11 May 2014

“Be the CHANGE you wish to see in OUR WORLD.”  -- Ghandi
Dear Families,
Happy Mother’s Day!  The bond between a mother and her child is truly one of a kind!  I admire, respect, and am inspired by all the mothers out there who consistently demonstrate and share their strength, dedication, and unconditional love for her children.  I have been blessed to have a mother who has been the ultimate role model and who has been there for me always.  Thank you Ma for all that you do, ALL THAT YOU ARE!  You are amazing!!!  For Mother’s Day, I decided to take my Ma to Barrie to visit Chapters, she loves to read!  After that, we went for a walk by the Beach in Wasaga, we took off our shoes and it was wonderful to have the sand between our toes.  The walk was not only refreshing, but one that I will cherish as I had the opportunity to spend my time in my Mother's beautiful energy!  I hope you enjoyed this weekend too with your child spending quality time in the warmth and sunshine!
Integrity & Optimism Recipients:
Congratulations to the following students:  Alexander, Anjoli, Jax, Sammi, and Mikaila for receiving Character awards for the months of March and April.  In March, we focused on Integrity – we always act honourably in our thoughts, words and actions.  In April, our focus was Optimism – we believe we can do it!  Well done boys and girls for displaying these character traits throughout the school year, it has been a pleasure watching you grow.  Continue acting honourably in all that you do!  I am so proud of you J
Alexander & Anjoli

Jax, Sammi, and Mikaila
Track & Field:
As many parents may be aware by now, we have started our Track & Field practices in preparation for our schools track meet in the third week of May.  This is the grade fours first experience with this, and I am delighted with their progress thus far!  My students will be participating in the following events:  high jump, ball throw, triple/long jump, 100m, and 200m run.  I have encouraged and reminded my students that their greatest competitor is themselves, and that all I ever expect from them is their “personal best” and to have fun with this new learning experience!  We are all having a blast and it’s wonderful to be part of their enthusiasm and growing track skills!  We will be resuming our practices this week, please ensure your child has proper foot wear to participate to their highest potential, thank you.
Jump Rope for Heart:
Keep those pledges coming!  Thank you for all your hard work and support in this school-wide endeavour.  The pledge forms are due to our office by this Fri. May 16th.
Makayla’s Dance Recital:
On Saturday, I had the opportunity to see my former Gr. 6 student Makayla (Izzy's older sister) perform in her dance recital at Meaford Hall.  I felt honoured and privileged to be part of this event, thank you for thinking of and including me in your special day.  I had such a wonderful time J  You did such an amazing dance routine, I am in awe of your talent along with your peers!  Your little sister performed wonderfully too.  I hope you got a lot of rest today as you had three performances yesterday - wowie!  Congratulations on an amazing dance season, you are a gifted dancer Makayla!!  Keep striving to be the best you can be! 

Makayla - dancing extordinaire!
 
“If you can dream it, you can ACHIEVE it!” – Walt Disney
Namaste,
Miss Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment