Tuesday 20 May 2014

HONOUR yourself and each other.”  -- Grace
Dear Families,
I hope you had a wonderful looong weekend with your family and friends.  What activities did you get up to with your family?  Since the weather cooperated, I spent some of my weekend outside doing much needed yard work such as weeding, cutting the grass, and cleaning outdoor windows.  I felt relieved after this session!  To treat myself from my hard day’s work, I had a yummy BBQ and enjoyed a bonfire with my neighbours.  It was a blast!!! 
Ancient Civilization INQUIRY:
The students are currently working with a partner on their final project for their Inquiry.  Many partners are building models, dioramas, and PowerPoint presentations to represent their Civilization.  Please ask your child what they’ve chosen to do to communicate their information when they present.  There are many keen participants and they’ve been working hard which is a delight to see!  We have been using Day 1’s & 2’s to work on this project. 
The due date for this is June 5th.
Narratives:
Last week, I sent home a note about a Narrative writing task.  Each student is responsible for writing a story using the Learning Goal & Success Criteria that we co-created as a whole group.  I have had the opportunity to conference/provide feedback with a few students and their progress is wonderful J I have encouraged everyone to take home their Language notebooks to work on their rough copies this week.  Spending 15-20minutes/evening would be very beneficial in meeting the May 30th due date.  Thank you for your support in this writing endeavour.  Students will have the opportunity to present their final story with their peers … keep those creative minds flowing!
Track & Field Meet:
On Thursday, we will be having our Track & Field event for students in Grades 4-8.  Please have your child wear proper footwear, a hat, sunscreen, and bring plenty of water/healthy snacks to be well-prepared for this all day event.  This is an amazing opportunity for our Grade 4’s as it is their first year of participation.  We have had numerous practices at each event and I think we’re ready for this challenge!  I will be leading the Triple Jump, so I will surely be cheering on my students as they "HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP" their hearts out!  Best of luck boys and girls :)  Have FUN! 
Spirit Assembly:
On Friday, we will be having our School Spirit Assembly at 12:15pm.  If you wish to attend, please note the time change from our regular time of 2:45pm.  Please have your child dress up in their house colour as this contributes greatly to our school spirit!  I’ll have my YELLOW on!
“You can Google answers, but you can’t Google THINKING!”
Namaste,
Miss Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment