Sunday 26 January 2014

Honesty - "We always tell the truth in our thoughts, words, and actions." Thank you Wyatt for demonstrating this Character Trait last week in your actions! He brought a ziplock baggy to school and said, "Miss Gill I think this belongs to one of my peers, it's not mine, so can you ask the class whose it might be. Thanks." Wonderful Wyatt, you filled OUR BUCKET! Keep being the honest, caring, and thoughtful boy you are!!! Dear Families, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend with your child and found ways to enjoy the fresh air all bundled up cozily. This weekend, I enjoyed celebrating a neighbour's birthday and spending quality time with my friends over yummy sushi :) I love spending wintery evenings with loved ones filling our hearts and minds with JOY & LAUGHTER! SPIRIT ASSEMBLY: Last Friday, we had our school Spirit Assembly! All staff and students participated with enthusiasm and school pride. The energy in our gymnasium radiated positive energy and JOY! We truly are gifted with such amazing students, staff, and families! Thank you for demonstrating school spirit everyone, Mrs. Bell and our schoool's leadership team is working hard at ensuring our assemblies continue to be a positive, uplifting experience!!! MATH: Last week, your child made a "Success Criteria" for their Number Sense & Numeration assessment (we always collaboratively create one prior to a test). Our math "Success Criterias" are made up of "I can" statements with examples that coincide with Learning Goals which assist students to demonstrate their knowledge of learned material. I encourage my students to use their criteria so they can achieve their personal best. Our next Learning Goal for math will be focussing on Measurement. I will be sending home a math note this week, stay tuned and I would appreciate you and your child going over the expectations of this strand of mathematics. Thank you in advance for your continued support in your child's learning! DRAMA: I am very pleased with how we have started this new area of learning! Here it is, before beginning their assigned plays, the class collaboratively developed a Drama Learning Goal with an accompanying Success Criteria. The students will now use their Criteria to strive to achieve our drama goal. I am so proud of my students goal setting! Please ask your child about this process. He/she is now in a drama group and is using class time to rehearse and prepare for his/her performance. I am encouraging the students to bring their plays home to practice their lines with you. Please remind them of the importance of remaining in character, using expression/body language/gestures and projecting their voice so it is heard. I am really looking forward to seeing your child's performance! Keep working hard boys and girls during our in-class rehearsals! WEBSITE OF THE WEEK: Play with numbers and give your brain a workout! http://www.mathplayground.com/ Namaste, Miss Gill PS: I apologize once again for the lack of spacing and pictures (I have pictures!!!) However, everytime I attempt to download them, a JavaError comes up :( I truly do not know why the format for Blogger is acting up. I hope this does not deter you from visiting. I will continue to write and appreciate your support, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment