Friday 3 January 2014

“If you can dream it, you can become it.”
Dear Families,
It is with a warm and open heart that I wish you and your family a Happy New Year!  I hope you had an enjoyable holiday with all your family and friends.  The highlight for me was spending Christmas Eve with family, we always have such a wonderful time when we’re together sitting around the living room talking and laughing.  We all lead such busy lives, but the holidays are a time to stop, listen and think about your loved ones.  I am very blessed to have such caring, loving, and amazing friends, family and students.  Speaking of which, I have missed seeing your child’s enthusiastic, warm, and beautiful smile over the holidays and I am delighted we’ll all be reunited and get back into our daily routine of fun and learning!  I have a feeling that families are looking forward to and welcoming the start of school too J 
Thank you families for your teacher gifts!  I really appreciate you taking the time, energy and love for thinking of me.  I have cherished each and value them all very much.  The greatest gift I have received this year is having your child in my class!  It has been a tremendous year thus far, and I look forward to creating many more beautiful memories in 2014!
Character Recognition Assembly:
Congratulations to the students in our school who are being recognized for demonstrating December’s character trait of Empathy.  There is an assembly Jan. 6th at 9:15am to celebrate these students.  I will be certain to take a picture of our class’ recipients and post on my next blog update J Our classroom is filled with character on a daily basis and this brings me such joy and happiness!
Artist Visit:
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my thank you to all parents who supported our artist visit, it was a remarkable experience!  We had the pleasure of having Mr. Sean Dawson visit our classroom on the last day before the winter break.  It was clear to all of us, Sean’s passion, dedication, and love for art radiated from the moment he stepped into our room until the final stroke of his paint brush.  He had the students explore various watercolour techniques and produce a landscape painting that illustrated foreground, middle ground and background, creating the illusion of depth.  It was truly amazing to see all my students thoroughly engaged, having fun, and producing some brilliant paintings! 
Here are some pictures of our time with Sean J
Sean Dawson sharing his passion for art

William's table group poised, focused, engaged!

Eagen's group creating their level four personal best!
Here are some individual pictures of our artists with their watercolour winter landscape ... 

Eagen
  
Alexandra
  
Alexander

Mikaila

Jakob
  
Anjoli


Josie
 
Jax

Paige

Izzy

Bradley

Carrie-ann
 
Owen
 
Eryn
 
Steven
 
Grace
  
Julia
 
Ryan
 
Wyatt
 
Trista
 
Daniel
I am so proud of our little artists and their paintings.  Students will be writing “Artist Statements” and they will be bringing home their pieces (February) for you all to enjoy and cherish.  For further information, please visit Sean’s website to see his passion for art and his creations:
Website of the Week:
For Students
Practice multiplication with an interactive times table.  Check your progress with online quizzes, and then review what you've learned with fun, online games.
Quote:
“The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.”  Thich Nhat Hanh
Namaste,
Miss Gill

1 comment:

  1. Hi miss gill Its Paige I hope you had a amazing family weekend
    I sure did so far, see you Tuesday ��!

    ReplyDelete